2.20.2010

Beautiful B(ack)log #3: I heart Jenny Hart


When Jenny Hart's Sublime Stitching was released back in 2006, I was just barely getting my feet (er, hands) wet in needle crafts. Really, it was all still eye candy for me. While I might not have been ready to put thread to needle, I was smitten with her fresh yet vintage designs and the way that she made embroidery less of a pastime I'd associate with great grandmas and doilies and more of one that I could see myself doing.

Well, it's 2010 . . . and I'm just getting started. Thanks to the prodding of Hart's second book Embroidered Effects and the simple adorableness of her Sublime Stitching Craft Pad and her Baby Bib Embroidery kit.

So, here I am. Doing something else I never thought I'd do: Embroidering. My first attempt (the Yum dish and spoon) did not go as well as I'd have liked. It's still scrumptious, but I'm not so happy with the puckering that happened because of not splitting my floss. You can see that my second attempt (the owls) is working much, much better.


I heart you Jenny Hart. You're an inspiration.

No comments: