12.09.2010

Where to begin?

WARNING: Photo-less post.


You know how it is.

You keep meaning to get to something, but you don't.

You fill the time you are supposed to be spending on something in particular doing something completely different—whether you intend to or not. Whether you want to or not. Consciously or not.

Dishes. Laundry. Catching up on sleep. Playing with stacks of fabric. Vacuuming because you borrowed your sister's Dyson. Playing with scraps. Buying Hunting down quantities of OOP fabric because you fear all you have left of your favorite fabrics are scraps. Celebrating new jobs. Holidays. Births and birthdays.

That's where I've been.

And, somewhere in the midst all of the hustle and bustle of the fall that has so quickly passed me by, I've actually been somewhat productive—albeit, behind the scenes. There are new quilts in process, bee blocks, beginnings of a bag, handmade gifts, fresh stash, a new collection of vintage goodness, and a couple of recipes I'd like to share.

So that brings me to the question of where to start. Because, despite wanting to blog and continually putting it on my list of things to do over the past couple of months, I've fallen drastically behind. So, do I step backward and start at the very beginning (as my dear friend Julie Andrews might suggest), or do I just pickup from here and pretend like none of the last several weeks have happened?

Neither option sounds particularly enticing right now.

So, for now, I'll just say this: I'm back. I'm ready to roll. And I have much to show. Get ready for a massive (for me) amount of posts over the next week or so. At least I hope so.

Cheers, loves!

2 comments:

Splendorfalls said...

CAN. NOT. WAIT!

Vintage goodness? Bring it!
Fresh stash? Pictures please!

Can't wait to see what you've been up to!

I didn't know you were dear friend with Julie Andrews? I am too! I'm not exaggerating when I say we listen to that song and The Lonely Goatherd at least once a day. I like to pretend I sound just like her (that'd be funnier if you actually heard me sing). =)

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

I second that. Welcome back!