8.07.2010

Big. Fat. Summer. Slacker. That's me!

Sorry, no photos with this one. But more to come.

I've been daydreaming of this moment. Of having enough time and patience to sit down and blog or update my Flickr stream or email friends. But it's been a rough summer. There have been weekends of friends and graduation parties and out-of-the-country visitors . . . and babysitting and lots and lots and lots of freelance work. The death of a friend. Her funeral and the emotions of dealing with that. A fractured wrist. The list could go on. I've barely touched my camera in months and aside from ordering more fabric, I haven't spent much time sewing or creating anything that really makes me happy. And, the projects I have been working on haven't been very satisfying. A purse whose handles are too short (and no more fabric to begin again), an ottoman cover that now I'm regretting starting, and some embroidery that needs to happen on my husband's anniversary gift. I've been feeling a little crabby and busy and frustrated. It's time to get over that.

Earlier in the summer when I completed the PTS3 swap, I wasn't sure if I would do another swap like that. I loved it when all was said and done but I am just so overly-analytical that I took every stage of the process and made it more difficult than it needed to be. So, even though I'd joined the Urban Home Goods Swap group on Flickr and had been eying the conversations there hoping to see the next sign-up get announced, I really wasn't sure if I wanted to invest myself in another one right now. Not with everything else revolving around me.

But, at the last minute, I got my sign-up in to Heather and decided to join in. And, yesterday I finally saw an unexpected bright spot when I was given the most perfect partner for the swap. Someone I am really excited to create for because I know this person's style and feel invested in doing something lovely for his/her home. What a treat! I think I feel a burst of inspiration hitting me and maybe I'll get going on all of this right away. Maybe this will pull me out of this funk I've been in!

And, maybe know that there's a partner out there who wants to create for me will pull me out of my blogging/Flickr funk as well. Dear partner, I KNOW I need to give you a little more to work with. I haven't updated Flickr or my blog in so long that there's nothing new to base your project for me on and I promise, today, to make things a little easier for you. So . . . keep watching the blog this weekend and I'll send you loads of inspiration. I hope. :)

Have a good Saturday, everyone.

1 comment:

Splendorfalls said...

I think the swap is a great way to start un-funking! I hope you have fun with it, even while agonizing over it!