9.25.2010

Renegade favs

As promised, here's a list of some of my favs from the Chicago Renegade Handmade Craft Fair a couple of weeks ago. It took me a while, but I've finally waded through my bag of goodies and business cards. So much good stuff here. Now that I've processed it all (it was overwhelming!), I can get going on some holiday shopping. My goal this year is to try and purchase (almost) everything from local businesses or from small handmade artists. Join me?

KIDS
• So Silly

CLOTHING
• Maryink

PAPER: Letterpress, silk-screen, and other printed items
• Morris and Essex—Eliza Jane Curtis
• Tartella Paper and Textile Design (from greetings and recipe cards to tea towels)
• Monkey-Rope Press
• Slow Industries
• Nisee Made
• Elevated Press
• Brainstorm Print & Design
• Nicole Ray's Slow Gin Fizz
• Paper Stories

HEAD GEAR: Hats, headbands, hair accessories, etc.
• Miss Mel Belles—Melissa Coverdale
• Wanderlustings hair and jewelry

JACKS OF ALL TRADES: The overachievers who do everthing
• The Harbinger Co.—Jewelry, accessories, home decor
• Avec mes mains—Jewelry, pillows, clutches
• ArtGoodies—tea towels, ornaments, aprons

BAGS
• Survive Design



JEWELRY
• Courtney Fischer Jewelry
• Colleen Heineman
• Moira K. Lime Jewelry—my fav a.k.a. what I'm still dreaming of
• Mike and Mary Jewelry
• Jane E Roberti
• Maureen Duffy
• Rag Trader Vintage
• Elizabeth Williams Jewelry
• Freshie and Zero

POTTERY AND CIRAMICS
• Circa Ceramics Chicago

HOME DEC
• White Nest Shop—Meg Stevens
• Uncommon Things for the Home
• Dolan Geiman—wonderul collage/mixed media wall art

1 comment:

Splendorfalls said...

Can't wait to go look at all these over the next few days; thanks for posting!!!

I think buying local and/or handmade is so special, great idea!