6.11.2012

Quilts for the Itty Bitties

In April I had the privilege of planning the month's quilt for the Faith circle of do. Good Stitches. Around the middle of March I began thinking about who we could create a quilt for in my faith community (or my work community since I work for a religious organization) and just as I was about to reach out to find out if there were any families or children in need, I heard two heartbreaking stories of tiny newborns who arrived well before their time.

My tangential relationship with both of these mothers (one I knew through a friend of a friend in college and the other is a girl from another department at work) and the fact that both my sister and sister-in-law were due around the same time as these two were originally due made my heart truly go out to them. Seeing the pictures of babies who were barely two and three pounds and hearing and reading the words of complete and utter strength and the obvious faith of each of these mothers on Facebook and their blogs was astounding to me. And, despite the amazing strength they were each publicly portraying, I could only imagine that they were hurting, too . . .

And, so, I decided to ask the Faith circle to help me wrap them in love and comfort.

This week I'll be shipping off a blanket to each of these new moms. One of them has already been able to bring her sweet, tiny blessing home. The other is still waiting for that day—but I do have faith that that day will come. Soon.






So, thank you lovely ladies of the Faith circle for stitching these with me. I hope they bring comfort to the mothers and love and joy to these two beautiful baby girls.


2 comments:

Debbie said...

The quilts are lovely, Alecia! I'm please to have been a part in bringing them together. Blessings to the two recipient families. . .

Kirsten said...

Beauitful quilts - the zig zags are so lovely in those colours!