6.13.2011

Oops.

Yeah, I went M.I.A again. I really don't know where the time goes.

This weekend I finally had some days where I could spend a lot of time on crafty goodness. It felt oh-so-good!

Thanks to summer hours at my office, I work an extra 45 minutes from Monday through Thursday and then only work a half day on Fridays. It's splendid! Especially on a day like this last Friday when my mom was also able to leave work early and we got to spend a few hours together working on projects and catching up on some TV.

I set to work on my Pillow Talk Swap pillow for my fabulous secret partner (hope she likes where this is going) . . .


While mom set to work on her Sherbert Pips quilt . . .

Isn't it adorable? I just can't stand it!

I also felt the sudden motivation to organize and take inventory of my always-growing stash. I think the motivation came after Chris and I got home from dinner out on Friday night. I had left the living room a mess from the work mom and I had been doing in the afternoon. Getting home and seeing this disaster . . .
  . . . might have had a little something to do with my urge to go through stuff. It doesn't always look like this in our living room . . . only when I'm working on a project that requires lots of little pieces from different bins of fabric—like that pillow. Regardless, I dug right in on Friday night and accomplished a lot.

At first it was exciting to see what I have laying around at home and to be inspired . . . but it quickly became depressing as I realized that I meant to get to some of these projects ages ago! I am beginning to sense that I need to have a destash sale . . .

Now, off to investigate the best way to open an Etsy shop . . .

Happy sewing!

2 comments:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

I'm glad you accomplished a lot on Friday night. I hope you don't stay discouraged. Just pick something up and start sewing, I say!

Splendorfalls said...

Your pillow is looking great! Just one finish might perk you up and make you feel like you *need* all that fabric; worth a shot! ;)