12.30.2010

Always waiting until the last possible moment . . .

I don't know why I wait until the last couple of days to make my blocks for do. Good Stitches {a Charity Bee} each and every month. There's really no good reason for it. No rhyme or reason. I have plenty of fabric to choose from. I have plenty of time compared to most of you with little ones and big ones to tote around from place to place. I just always wait.

So, here I am, one night before I absolutely have to get these in the mail to this month's quilter and I have just finished my task of creating 2 12.5" square log cabin blocks (in this case, just a bit wonkified) for a family in need. And, this month, I not only waited until the last moment—I waited until the last moment on a holiday weekend when I'm also trying to prepare my messy apartment for company. Score! Somehow, I thrive under pressure, though, and not only is my house getting straightened up, but I'm actually pretty happy with these blocks, too. These were my first at a log cabin style block and now I can totally see the appeal. I can't wait to use some of the leftover strips I cut (I was a little overzealous when choosing my fabrics) and some munki munki to make a little pillow for a friend.

2 comments:

Splendorfalls said...

Really pretty! You chose great fabrics!

I've been doing mine at the last minute too.

Have a Happy New Year!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

They're really pretty, Alecia. Great, great fabrics. I love your taste!